Since everyone seemed to love my terminal mockups, I've made another one!
This is a further design exploration, showcasing:
• background jobs label/popover
• `ls` displaying an actual list of files! Of course, they are interactive, you can drag'n'drop them from here, click them to open, and right-click for more options.
• autosuggestions being contextual: here, they suggest you to re-run `apt` as root or read the docs
• a collapsed card
• `git` using real graphics
I've made a mock-up to illustrate my ideas about the next-gen terminal experience!
• the pathbar
• username, hostname and git branch displayed in the UI, shrinking the shell prompt back to just a $
• commands as cards
• syntax highlighting, including graying out the output a bit to differentiate it from commands themselves
• autocompletion (displayed in a native widget)
• built-in error handling options
• the time each command took (on the right)
A fantastic tool that does what it says:)
Follow any RSS feed using an ActivityPub client. Feed appears as any other in your timeline.
I'd love to give credit but can't recall the user who developed it. If you know please include the info here so we can give thanks;)
Convert an RSS feed to ActivityPub
The Tumblr Mess Show more
Sometimes in the middle of my thoughts I commence à penser dans une autre langue... #polygotproblems
I'm leaving Mozilla https://daniel.haxx.se/blog/2018/11/18/im-leaving-mozilla/
I published the release 1.30.0
- Cache toots for loading time improvements
- Faster transitions with conversations
- Home timeline can be read offline
- Open private issues on Gitlab
- UI improvements
- Cache cleaner more powerful
- App can't start on some devices
- Fix an issue with cross-account actions for replies
- Fix an issue with the information for toots
- Fix bookmark and translation button issues
- Fix crashes when replying to a boost
When talking to someone, spending more time analyzing their accent than paying attention to what they’re actually saying #polygotproblems
I was about to drop #Anki (but to replace it with what?) because I want to be asked to type answers.
...well it turns out that Anki not only can do it, but it's also really nice to use & quite flexible: the field you're supposed to type is configurable & it doesn't fail hard but just shows you the difference between what you typed & the expected answer.
This is not the first time it happens to me. Anki's just incredible.
"content ID will fix the problem of copyright online" except it's an absolute clusterfuck of false claims, bad tech, and censorship-lite... Yeah, that new EU directive is going be just great for music online... #SlowClap
FLOSS.social was launched on 1 April 2018 as a Mastodon instance for people who care about, support, or build Free, Libre, and Open Source Software (FLOSS). Of course, discussions aren't limited to just FLOSS -- let's share our unique interests! English is preferred for maximum conversation opportunities within the FLOSS community, but it is not required. Respect is required, however: Users on FLOSS.social agree to abide by the Contributor Covenant Code of Conduct. This service was installed and is maintained in part by Masto.Host with equipment located at OVH. You can support this instance financially through the Monthly Supporter Program, processed through CommitChange using the free software Houdini Project.