My Mastodon Posts June 2020
- Graphics Tools Poll https://floss.social/@ademalsasa/104322353322133383
- List of Distros Officials https://floss.social/@ademalsasa/104309257301275277
- Graphics Tools List https://floss.social/@ademalsasa/104341045707458765
- User Friendly Resources https://floss.social/@ademalsasa/104303641285042714
- Awesome Free Software https://floss.social/@ademalsasa/104352228377420642
- Peertube Guide for YouTubers https://floss.social/@ademalsasa/104235340156599605
- Librehost Overview of Mine https://floss.social/@ademalsasa/104034618932368527
- Libre Speed Test https://floss.social/@ademalsasa/104019444489789834
- Alternative World vs Gafam https://floss.social/@ademalsasa/104001452551058243
Self-Hosting Resources Made Simple
Sharing is very appreciated.
📩 Mail In A Box, email selfhosting
Yunohost, all-in-one selfhosting package
👍 Awesome List
💚 Awesome Directory
@ademalsasa @selea @dibi58 @strawberryfieldsforever @strypey @lightweight @paulsutton I'm self-hosting (or have self-hosted) various things: xmpp (prosody), mail (notqmail + uw-imapd), bittorrent (transmission), ftp (netbsd's ftpd), web (netbsd's httpd), vnc (tigervnc), DLNA (minidlnad), mpd + icecast , games such as openarena, unreal-tournament. Also firewall (npf), dns (unbound).
@encelado beautiful and exemplary. I learned a lot just by one comment! One question: is now Unreal Tournament freely licensed?
@ademalsasa no it's not , but the unreal engine source code was made historically available for non commercial use, so that, following the GOTY edition, the game saw one of the earliest native Linux ports (maintained by Loki Software) ever made, which also included a game editor. I've used that version extensively (owning a GOTY edition disk, one of my favorite childhood games) on *BSD via the Linux ABI.
For people who care about, support, or build Free, Libre, and Open Source Software (FLOSS).