My Mastodon Posts June 2020
- Graphics Tools Poll https://floss.social/@ademalsasa/104322353322133383
- List of Distros Officials https://floss.social/@ademalsasa/104309257301275277
- Graphics Tools List https://floss.social/@ademalsasa/104341045707458765
- User Friendly Resources https://floss.social/@ademalsasa/104303641285042714
- Awesome Free Software https://floss.social/@ademalsasa/104352228377420642
- Peertube Guide for YouTubers https://floss.social/@ademalsasa/104235340156599605
- Librehost Overview of Mine https://floss.social/@ademalsasa/104034618932368527
- Libre Speed Test https://floss.social/@ademalsasa/104019444489789834
- Alternative World vs Gafam https://floss.social/@ademalsasa/104001452551058243
@selea thanks for your recommendation! I'm a user of your Nextcloud it is amazing and beneficial. Reshared.
@ademalsasa @selea @dibi58 @strawberryfieldsforever @strypey @paulsutton Yes, I do - I"ve got a couple external VPSs and one at home. I host a couple NextClouds, a Mailcow, some Rocket.Chats, a few Drupals, (Only|Collabora)Office, a couple WordPresses, a Bit/VaultWarden, a Piwigo, a HomeAssistant, & a couple Minecraft servers for the kids. Planning to install a Frigate instance at home, too: https://github.com/blakeblackshear/frigate
I'm using Yunohost, have Nextcloud, Peertube (somewhat), Hedgedoc, Plume and some other services running on there.
I also have a VPN and a webserver running. All of the above with a sustainable cloud provider.
Lastly I have a Raspberry Pi with Libreelec and Kodi on it. But that's not reachable from the outside 🙂
@ademalsasa @selea @dibi58 @strawberryfieldsforever @strypey @lightweight @paulsutton I'm self-hosting (or have self-hosted) various things: xmpp (prosody), mail (notqmail + uw-imapd), bittorrent (transmission), ftp (netbsd's ftpd), web (netbsd's httpd), vnc (tigervnc), DLNA (minidlnad), mpd + icecast , games such as openarena, unreal-tournament. Also firewall (npf), dns (unbound).
@encelado beautiful and exemplary. I learned a lot just by one comment! One question: is now Unreal Tournament freely licensed?
@ademalsasa no it's not , but the unreal engine source code was made historically available for non commercial use, so that, following the GOTY edition, the game saw one of the earliest native Linux ports (maintained by Loki Software) ever made, which also included a game editor. I've used that version extensively (owning a GOTY edition disk, one of my favorite childhood games) on *BSD via the Linux ABI.
@ademalsasa: you're welcome, glad to spread my passion for such a classic. By the way, you really came up with a nice idea by starting this thread
@encelado ahaha, greetings to you my new friend! Glad to find one more SDF person here at Mastodon.Thanks in advance.
Funny you asked @ademalsasa , I just came across a rough plan to transition Disintermedia to self-hosting, written before the pandemic nuked my life. Best laid plans of mice and men 😩 At present I'm struggling just to manage my various devices.
For people who care about, support, or build Free, Libre, and Open Source Software (FLOSS).